Manager, Advertising Sales
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a Manager, Advertising Sales reporting to the Director, Corporate Relations.
CASE is a global not-for-profit and membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Its mission is to inspire, challenge and equip communities of professionals to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. Advancing education in over 3,600 member institutions, CASE has 85,000 members in 82 countries.
Broad and growing communities of professional practice gather under the global CASE umbrella. Currently these include advancement services, alumni relations, communications, fundraising, government relations, institutional leadership and marketing. Individual members are at all stages of their career and may be working in universities, schools, colleges, cultural organizations or other not-for-profits. CASE membership also includes many corporate partners. CASE uses the intellectual capital and professional talents of an army of volunteers to advance its work.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE works across all continents from its regional offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City. CASE works to achieve a seamless experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers and staff. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make the ambitious OneCASE aspiration a reality.
The Manager, Advertising Sales manages sales and strategies that both enhance and increase CASE’s relationships with partners—members of the education advancement business community—with the purpose of achieving mutually beneficial goals, generating advertising revenue, and serving as a consultant. The Manager leads advertising sales (print and digital) and develops trusting relationships that have the potential for additional engagement with CASE. This position will serve as the liaison between the Corporate Relations department and the Marketing and Communications (MarComms) division.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequently engage with current advertisers to understand their strategies and opportunity areas.
- Receive and review information about partners’ products or services to better serve them and provide a strategy that is tailored toward their specific needs.
- Follow-up promptly with new leads and prospects with information and opportunities that lead to new business.
- Perform market research, analysis and remain current on advertising trends that impact the ROI of advertisers.
- Assist in the development and execution of the CASE advertising strategy (to include the annual Media Kit) in collaboration with MarComms and other appropriate internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Development and Director, Corporate Relations on proposals with educational partners and prospects to include advertising, sponsorship and exhibit opportunities.
- Support the Director, Corporate Relations on special projects that enhance the efficiency of the department.
- Manage the appropriate sales and tracking information promptly in Personify.
Fiscal Management/Budget Responsibilities/Judicious Use of Resources
- Exercise fiscal responsibility in the use of all CASE resources.
- Track and manage all department budget expenditures and coordinate with finance and accounting to ensure prompt payment of all sales invoices.
- Exhibit appropriate leadership toward and work cooperatively and supportively with all volunteers with whom this employee has contact, including CASE’s volunteer leadership.
- Serve as the department liaison with MarComms to understand advertising data and metrics that are presented to current advertising partners.
- Collaborate with CASE colleagues in other parts of the world to ensure the best sharing of effective practices.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing or business administration.
- Five or more years of experience in advertising, sales or marketing required.
- Experience working with higher education institutions broadly, associations or with a vendor serving the advancement community preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- A demonstrated interest in advancing education in the not-for-profit sector.
- A strong commitment to contributing to an organizational culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
- An understanding of and interest in engaging with a broad range of cultures and countries.
- Excellent knowledge of advertising strategy and the ability to serve as a trusted consultant.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, that allow engagement with levels of all stakeholders within an organization.
- Must have technical proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively. Ability to lead and participate on teams.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work independently and collaboratively. Ability to lead and participate on teams.
- Strong project management skills that provide the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A pro-active and can-do attitude, even when working under pressure and with all levels of staff.
Qualified applicants should click APPLY below to upload their résumé and paste their cover letter with salary requirements for a non-commission role. Applications without the required skills and experience or salary requirements may not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. This document represents a description of intended job content and should not be construed in any way to be a contract of employment.
CASE offers a competitive benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance, to include a high-deductible medical plan option with a health savings account, a PPO medical plan option, dental insurance, a generous 10% retirement contribution, an employee assistance plan, employer-paid life and disability insurance with voluntary supplemental life insurance, voluntary vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuting benefits, as well as legal and identity theft protection plans. After one year of service, staff are also eligible for tuition reimbursement.
We offer a collegial and collaborative work environment with many work-life balance programs, such as a 35-hour work week, regular weekly telecommuting for most exempt-level roles, paid parental leave after one year of service and generous accrued leave policies.