The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a Manager, Marketing reporting to the Sr. Manager, Marketing.
CASE is a global not-for-profit and membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Its mission is to inspire, challenge and equip communities of professionals to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. Advancing education in over 3,600 member institutions, CASE has 85,000 members in 82 countries.
Broad and growing communities of professional practice gather under the global CASE umbrella. Currently these include advancement services, alumni relations, communications, fundraising, government relations, institutional leadership and marketing. Individual members are at all stages of their career and may be working in universities, schools, colleges, cultural organizations or other not-for-profits. CASE membership also includes many corporate partners. CASE uses the intellectual capital and professional talents of an army of volunteers to advance its work.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE works across all continents from its regional offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City. CASE works to achieve a seamless experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers and staff. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make the ambitious OneCASE aspiration a reality.
The primary duty of the Manager, Marketing position is to manage the day-to-day promotional marketing activities for CASE District conferences, as well as support the promotion of other CASE conferences, products and services, working with the Sr. Manager, Marketing to grow revenue, member engagement and awareness of CASE.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages digital components for eight (8) CASE District conferences, including email marketing campaigns, content marketing opportunities, and deployment of digital communications vehicles.
- Supports marketing plans for the promotion of other CASE conferences, products and services and for membership marketing campaigns, placing a high priority on AMAtlas products and conferences. Ensures schedules include reviews and approvals with the applicable internal clients. Works with the Digital Editor to make sure content is clear and that digital messages and website updates are delivered on schedule.
- Works with the Sr. Manager, Marketing to monitor and implement full-year promotional marketing strategies. Regularly meets with internal program managers to determine full-year goals, understand promotional preferences, identify past year’s activities, describe current resources, and understand audience and competitive implications. Provides regular reports and status updates to promotional strategies and schedules and gains approval for in-process and completed materials.
- Works directly with the Sr. Production Coordinator to prepare mailing lists for mailhouse for direct mail pieces. Manages the implementation of strategies for cross-selling products and services.
- In collaboration with digital communications staff, uses other digital channels such as social media and e-newsletters to create messages that align with the marketing strategy.
- Manages the schedules and creates email-based marketing promotions. Serves as an administrator for Informz (email delivery system) and trains staff, as needed.
- Posts and updates marketing content to the CASE website and mobile formats of CASE content.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of marketing efforts. Participates, as necessary, in analyzing market research, web analytics and other data to determine audience preferences.
Fiscal Management/Budget Responsibilities/Judicious Use of Resources
- Exercises fiscal responsibility in the use of all CASE resources.
- Exhibits appropriate leadership toward and work cooperatively and supportively with all volunteers for which this position is responsible. This may include the Board, Districts, Commissions, and others.
- Collaborates with CASE colleagues in other parts of the world to ensure the best sharing of effective practices.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, publications, or related field.
- At least four to six (4-6) years of hands-on experience marketing products and services with demonstrated results, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training required.
- Experience in digital platforms and or digital certification a plus. Association experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- A demonstrated interest in advancing education in the not-for-profit sector.
- A strong commitment to contributing to an organizational culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
- An understanding of and interest in engaging with a broad range of cultures and countries.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of promotional marketing. Must have demonstrated ability to edit promotional copy and know how to write for digital channels.
- Must have strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel. Familiarity with Drupal and Informz is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, that allow engagement with levels of all stakeholders within an organization.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work independently and collaboratively. Ability to lead and participate on teams.
- Must have strong project management and detail-orientation skills that provide the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- A pro-active and can-do attitude, even when working under pressure and with all levels of staff.
Qualified applicants should click APPLY to upload their résumé and paste their cover letter with salary requirements. Applications without the required skills and experience or salary requirements may not be considered. Preference may be given to applications received before July 22, 2019. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
CASE offers a competitive benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance, to include a high-deductible medical plan option with a health savings account, a PPO medical plan option, dental insurance, a generous 10% retirement contribution, an employee assistance plan, employer-paid life and disability insurance with voluntary supplemental life insurance, voluntary vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuting benefits, as well as legal and identity theft protection plans. After one year of service, staff are also eligible for tuition reimbursement.
We offer a collegial and collaborative work environment with many work-life balance programs, such as a 35-hour work week, regular weekly telecommuting for most exempt-level roles, paid parental leave after one year of service and generous accrued leave policies.